Author Topic: MacTabletNetbookThingy  (Read 3060 times)

spiffking03

• Administrator
    • View Profile
MacTabletNetbookThingy
« on: January 25, 2010, 05:16:59 PM »

Is it going to be a large iPod Touch? Yes. Is it going to be an e-reader? Yes. Is it going to be OK that it's these two items? Probably.

Your thoughts?

ChrisToad

• Mac & Blu-ray disc GURU!
    • View Profile
    • Shake Down Podcast
Re: MacTabletNetbookThingy
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 07:19:37 PM »

I'm hoping for more laptop-esque functionality on the Tablet.  Like, I want to be able to drag this thing to meetings and function on it entirely without my workstation at all.  I'm being vague.. I'll update this post with specifics.
[insert witty comment here]

lwees

• View Profile
    • LwEEs
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 07:25:41 PM »

Man! I wanted to get MacTNT from the Mac"T"ablet"N"etbook"T"hingy, but someone has it parked already. Bummer. The CEO or McGraw Hill spilled the beans on the tablet, I bet you that Steve must be looking at him in the news thinking "This F***g Moron". I'm dying to see the price point, that will determine how fast I will get it, because there is no doubt that I will get it.

spiffking03

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 12:01:06 AM »

http://penlinks.freedomblogging.com/2010/01/26/my-predictions-for-tomorrows-apple-event/

Yes, I have to actually promote my work blog in terms of predictions. The big thing in there: The docking station patent will be fulfilled.

AndyH07

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 03:49:09 AM »

I don't think it will have its own connection to the internet. Why bother when it can share the one that your iPhone has...?

lwees

• View Profile
    • LwEEs
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 05:02:06 AM »

@AndyH07 I just hope it has either/or because if you can only get with a contract, that will suck...

AndyH07

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 05:40:16 AM »

@lwees I'm hoping that the MacTNT will be a standalone device that is able to keep its own cost down by using wi-fi to connect to the internet. I currently have a Nokia N95 that can be modified to broadcast a wi-fi network so if the MacTNT is able to share this network (or can be linked to an iPhone's connection if you have one) it won't need to go down the contract route. Time will tell though the last thing I need is a contract phone and a contract MacTNT.

BTW does anybody else have a giddy feeling? I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!

mrt3811

• I like Macs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 07:56:27 AM »

Perfect world. Always on 3G, subsidized through iTunes media purchases/subscriptions, plus auto detection of WIFI. Fulfillment of that behind the screen camera patent for video chat and some super duper amazingly controllable interface. At least 720P screen 1080 would be cool for art applications (painting and the like). WIFI streaming from existing Mac to MacTNT for use as screen without having to store content

spiffking03

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 02:27:05 AM »

My thoughts on it? We've only just begun.